[ddots-l] Two questions on scrubbing audio and soft synth

  • From: "Chi Gook Kim" <chigookkim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:00:58 -0500

Hi,

I read the how to scrub audio on caketalking manual, but still can't work it
quite well.  It's hard to know where I am when I move the insert+4/1 or 6/3
because the play speed changes.  I played with zoom level, but still hard to
do it right. Can somebody give me tips on how to scrub efficiently?

My second question is how to wrap vst synth with directixer.  I tried many
native instrument synths like b4, fm7, kontakt, and so on.  All of them
crashed when I wrapped it with directixer and tried to use in sonar 3.  I
can read the dialog pretty well with jaws, but when I play a note, it
crashes.  It plays fine when I load them as just direct-x or vst without
wrapping it.  But I can't use the synth property dialog if I do that.  Is
there certain setting I have to change when I wrap it?  I just checked using
genetic controller or something like that on option tab.  Also, how do you
load different library into native instrument synths on directx plugin
dialog?

Oh, I have 3rd question.  When I turn input echo on on audio track, my audio
sounds very funny.  It doesn't happen when input-output sound card is same,
but it happens when I try to set different soundcard as output.  It sounds
like playing 44.1 as 22.1 khz or something.  Both soundcard supports up to
48k.
Thanks,

chi
** ddots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq