[ddots-l] Trouble With Microphones

  • From: "Annabelle Susan Morison" <foristnights@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:26:41 -0800

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I have a problem that I need urgent help with. I tried hooking up my
AKG414's to my MOTU896HD, and I can't get any audible signal from either of
them. I know I have the pad off, and the high frequency cutoff is turned
off. I know I have the MOTU on Phantom Power, and that the switch is on
Microphone. Also, I know that the XLR is plugged in all the way because it
clicks when it's plugged in all the way. What do I do next? Could it be the
XLR I have went bad on me? What could it be? This is an XLR that my friend
Markus showed me how to wrap by simply tying a knot, instead of the usual
over-and-under pattern that most professionals would teach. Please feel free
to Email me at any time, as I check my Emails several times each day.
Thank you so much,
Annabelle
foristnights@xxxxxxxxxxx <blocked::mailto:foristnights@xxxxxxxxxxx>