[ddots-l] Re: Techno vocals e: Re: My Mixer

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:48:10 -0500

At 01:53 AM 11/12/2005, you wrote:

hey guys I have a friend who has an amazing voice and would sound great over some dance music. Trance, house, or eletronica. How do I go about getting those cool effects on the voice you hear in techno.

Um, what cool effects are those? If the voice is echoing, that's delay. If its frequency range is adjusted, i.e. more midrange and focused-sounding, that's probably EQ. Sonar has both of those. I'm not up on techno really.
Can you describe what you're hearing in somewhat technical terms?