[ddots-l] Re: Spectrosonic Atmosphere

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:56:31 -0000

I'm 110% behind Tim's advice here, and could almost write a book on
the subject based on support calls we've had with manufacturers.

One of my pet peeves are those who claim, "We've never had that
problem before!".  It is invariably total and utter [expletive
deleted]! They have, and they just don't know what causes it.

And a little advice if I may. This is not a comprehensive list my any
means, but having some basic details to hand will help a great deal.

1) Make sure you know your serial number of the software or hardware
you are calling about.

2) Make sure you know exactly what version of the software you have,
and ideally, try to make sure it is the latest version.  All too often
I get calls myself from people whose versions are yonks old, and have
migrated to a newer computer and operating system which wasn't even in
existence when the software was released.

3) Make sure your operating system is up to date, especially with all
security patches.  Try to make a note of the level you are at by
looking at Properties for My Computer and have that information to
hand.

4) Know exactly what makes and models and versions of peripherals you
have which relate to the software or hardware in question.

With all that to hand, you can usually get right down to the problem
in hand.

George.