[ddots-l] Sound card, sibelius and windows

  • From: "A. Caglar Arsu" <acaglararsu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:11:08 +0300

Hi all,

I reinstall Windows in my system recently and all the sofwheres. In my auld
instillation to get the sound out of my M-audio 1010lt, I did not have to do
anything extra besides setting my lower sound card to Jaws.
But in this new instillation I have to figure out
the sound out put of each softwhere one by one. for example, windows media
player, winamp, sonar.
And now, I have to find out how I can get the sound of Sibelius out of M-audio.
any thoughts? How can I get the sibelius out of M-audio?
If I do not configure the programs for the high sound card, they use the card
Jaws uses. all the warning clicks bibs turning on and of sounds of windows also
the sounds in web pages come from the lower one.
It is a big problem especially wile installing new programs because some of
them play music wile installing and when you hear the music from where you hear
Jaws it is not easy to get the job done. and of course I do not have a chance
to turn the volume down not to hear the music because I would not hear Jaws as
well.
Do you think, some how windows sees the lower sound card as the main one not
the M-audio 1010 lt?
What do you thing the problem and its solution can be?

Thanks allot
Caglar