[ddots-l] Re: Sonar 8.3 or 8.5?

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:49:50 -0500

Mike, here is the update sequence from Sonar 8.3.

You should have Jaws 11 (latest build). You can load it before or after Sonar.

You should upgrade Sonar to 8.5. This involves installing the Sonar program
disk and the new Dimension Pro disk. Finally, load the Sonar Content disk. You
do not need to load the BeatScape disk.

Next, install the patches to update Sonar: the 8.52 patch, and the 8.53 patch.

Once Sonar is updated to 8.53, you should install CakeTalking 8.5. The
CakeTalking installer modifies Sonar settings and installs Jaws scripts, so it
is important that CakeTalking be installed last (after Jaws 11 and Sonar are
ready to go).

Bryan