[ddots-l] Re: Slowing down a song to learn a part

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:04:56 -0400

this isn't a guitar versus other instruments thing. Slowing down audio is just slowing down audio. Anyway, like I said over on Midimag, there are lots of programs to do this. The one i use is available from

http://www.seventhstring.com/
and is called Transcribe.

You can probably do this in Sound Forge, Sonar, and most audio editors like Audacity as well.
Chris

At 12:05 AM 10/14/2011, you wrote:
        Hello folks,
Does anyone if there is any accessible software that we can use to slow down a song to learn a particular lick or part similar to what guitarists are able to do to learn guitar parts? I'm trying to hear exactly what an intro to an old Chicago song is doing in the piano part and I want to be able to slow it down if possible. Thanks,
Brian