[ddots-l] Re: Sibelius 3 Question

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:20:40 -0700

Hello Maree,

Kevin is right. No way to find out where the pages break.
You did right in using the file info dialog to get at the
number of pages.

Your question about the missing 20 bars -- Perhaps some of
these bars were hidden so not printed? Or perhaps they were
all empty bars at the end of the score? I've never had a
problem with not getting all the bars printed that are
reported in the file info dialog.

By the way you can use the Layout/Format/Make into page to
restrict a set of systems on a single page. That gives us
some control over how much gets crammed on to any given
page, but unfortunately not much feedback as to whether
things start crashing into each other.

I've heard that future Sib version (4 or perhaps 5) will
have a better algorithm for automatically adjusting the page
for best overall appearance. That should help a lot, as I
still have trouble getting the first system to not crowd out
my titles. I have to insert a hidden "0" bar in the
beginning of the music and insert a system break after it,
just to be sure I have enough white space between the chord
symbols and the title/subtitle/composer stuff.

Dave