[ddots-l] Re: Roland capture series of interfaces

  • From: michael ciarciello <m_dsmusic@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 15:24:53 -0500

Hey Brian unfortunately at the time when I tried the Octa capture I was not
able to get Jaws to focus on any of the controls in the control panel.  Infact
when using the pc Cursor of Jaws nothing worked at all.  At some point after
deep frustration I was able to label an icon which allowed me to select the
speaker configuration, and input and out configuration.  However this is as far
I was able to go with the device.  I had no control with regard to controlling
the balance, volume, and built in reverb.  with some practice and ith some
assistance some one was able to guide me through the lay out of the front
panel.
On the panel there was a plus and minus button which allowed you to channel the
input to which you could chance the volume, and strangely enough, while my Pc
was on, and while I had the control panel running Jaws would report the number
of decibels while rotating the dial to change the volume.
Another down side I found was then there was a fantom power button whih was a
push button, which was one of those buttons in which you could not tell if the
button was depressed to indicate on status or depressed to indicated off
staatus.  In fact none of the buttons on the unit have a depressed or pressed
position to indicate their physical status.

May this has changed in the last year or so, but I seriously doug it.

Hope this helps.

Do you know the quad capture has rack mount ears to rack in a studio setting?