[ddots-l] Re: Reason Access

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 13:38:51 -0400

Well one of the first things we need to determine is how much text or usable
information does each window have. The rear of the rack forexample use to be
all pictures of wires that you'd drag and drop, and  they would always move,
so hsc was not useful in that circumstance. Not sure about now, but these
are just certain things that we'd need to look at to see what is doable,
what can and can't be done etc.
When writing scripts the best way (in my opinion) is to do section by
section, or in this case, window by window.
But we must have an understanding on how  each windows was designed to work,
and how the designers expect you to use them. That way you develop scripts
that are transparent and don't alter the use of the feature/program. Unless
you have to for whatever reason develop such work arounds (which you might),
when scripting you should keep it as transparent as possible.
Give me some time to take a look at it and pke around behind the window
structure etc, and we'll go from there. That way if and when we contact
propellerhead we'll have some solid stuff to go on, not just questions and
ideas.

HTH, D!J!X!

  _____