[ddots-l] Re: Question about recording vocals

  • From: "Ian Rattray" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:50:54 -0000

Neville

This may sound a little crazy, I've used my wardrobe as a booth. I Open up both the doors and put a small flat matress across the top. This creats a pretty dry space for vocal work.

I would say that 4 to 5 inches is a little close.

I've been advised to have the pop shield about a hands width from the mic and the singer to be, as already mentioned, about 8 or so inches further back especially if they have a strong voice.

Be lucky

Ian

--------------------------------------------------From: "neville" <neville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 6:23 PM
To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Question about recording vocals

I want to thank you all for responding to my question about recording
vocals. I have a Road NT 1000 and I'm not sure but I think this is fairly
recent. I think that I might be too close, but then again is 4 to 5 inches
too close? If I move too far away I get the ambiance of the room which I
don't want because it's harder to add affects after. I would prefer to be
able to place the vocal in a room of my choosing rather than have my reverb mixed with the sound from my record space. Did someone say that I should be
about nine to ten inches away? IN that case I should look for a different
place to record my vocals.
Thanks again for your ideas.

May the peace  of God which passes all understanding gard your heart and
mind in Christ Jesus.

God bless you!

Website http://www.nevillepeter.com

email neville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx