[ddots-l] Re: Question about HD Software,

  • From: "Fr. Tim Devine CC" <fathertim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:35:26 -0500

Sorry to hear that it isn't working for you, Tommy,
        I was wondering if you might be willing to try things from a
different angle.  Here is something I found on the internet:

Instructions.
Run Intel's Audio Wizard
1Go to Intel's Desktop Boards troubleshooting page and launch the Audio
Wizard. The wizard will have you check various connections and settings on
your system.

2Select the option for the problem you are having. Click either the "Cannot
hear any sound" button or the "Microphone does not work" button.

3Answer each question or follow any instructions that are provided on each
screen when going through the wizard.

4Download the Realtek HD Audio driver if the wizard does not solve the
problem.

Reinstall the Realtek HD Audio Driver
1Verify you have the Reaktek HD Audio Manager installed on your system. You
should see the Realtek HD Sound Effects Manager icon on the Windows Taskbar
or in the Control Panel.

2Download and install the Realtek HD Audio driver if the icon is missing or
the software does not open correctly.

3Save the audio driver setup file to a location such as your desktop.
Double-click the setup file on your desktop to install the audio driver to
your system.

4Verify the Realtek HD icon is in the Windows Taskbar or in the Control
Panel.

---
I hope this will help.  I know it must be frustrating for you, but with some
more tinkering, you will get it.

Good night now.  I hope the morning finds things working better.

Tim