[ddots-l] Re: ProjectMix

  • From: Gudrun Brunot <gbrunot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:44:07 -0700

If you can locate it easily, I'd appreciate it very much. We clicked on the update options and were told we ahd the latest version. Your instructions for what to do once you have the file seem very promising, and we'll try them. Rob, my partner, can help me get through that--he's the one with the functioning eyes...

Gudrun
At 10:31 PM 4/19/2006, you wrote:
Hi there the version of the firmware is 10.5 or something of that nature. You are looking for the file which is titled Project Mix 1_0_5Win32.exe. This file is needed to update your firmware, and must be installed before running it. I caution you though you'll need assistance in doing the firmware update, as I have found the firmware utility to be in accessible, unless I can find a way in which to script it. If you can't seem to find it I can send it off to you.

Regards Michael. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gudrun Brunot" <gbrunot@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:09 PM Subject: [ddots-l] Re: ProjectMix

Michael, this sound interesting. We thought we had the latest firmware--went to the website and everything, and we didn't find anything that looked newer than what we have. Do you know what version your firmware is? We'll try again.

Gudrun
At 05:30 AM 4/19/2006, you wrote:
Hi Gord did you try updating the Firmware, I had the same issue when using the midi inputs as well. After updating the firmware though I didn't have this issue any more. As far as the scrubbing I noticed that after updating the firmware that it somehow seems to work better. I'm not familiar with the Transport from Frontier Design so I wouldn't know about the scrubbing feature. One more thing after updating the firmware, you need to set upt the Project mix so that it actually works in Sonar.
To do this
1. you need to download the Firmware update package found on M-audio's web site, and install it.
2. when running the Project Mix Firmware you need to get some sighted assistance in helping you update the Project Mix.
3. After updating the Project Mix, you next to hold down the aux 5 button while hlding the in and out buttons. Note: this feels like pressing the braille .
While holding these three buttons turn on the unit, and waite for about a minute or so while the units switch in to sonar mode.
4. turno off the Porject Mix and turn it on again, and you should be set to work properly in Sonar, and the sscrubb feature should work a little better. Hope this helps.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>