[ddots-l] Re: Please help me

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:05:28 -0800

MessageHello,

You may be able to find these text and symbols by using the Edit menu, the
Filter, and customizing what you are filtering. It gives you  the capability of
selecting different types of text in a score. That's the only way I know to
locate these. I don't know any way to find them by simply stepping through the
score.

Sibelius is not good with chords, as Kevin points out. Using the Alt-Up/Down
Arrow keys will step you through each note of the chord, but the whole chord
still sounds. One idea put forward in the tutorial is to change the octave of
one of the notes, and listen to see if you can detect that note by ear. Then
change it back to the correct octave. Then move to the next note and do the
same.

When I need to know the structure of a large number of chords, I convert to
MIDI and use Cakewalk to look at the notes in the event view -- it's much
easier.

Dave