[ddots-l] Ot loud stage

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddtots" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 11:51:30 +0100

Hi all,

At the end of last night Show, I was asked to join the band (who was topping
the bill) The house mix was controlled by a sound engineer, however, the Band's
stage mix was simply their independent Guitar and bass amp levels.

My two questions are,
1: has anyone else been on a loud stage environment where it sounds like the
keyboard is in a different key to the other instruments until the levels drop
during the music, at that point you then hear the key for what it is?

2: When the stage level is so loud you can't hear the keyboards, is there any
technique that totally visually impaired musicians use to A: know your hitting
the right notes and B: keep metronomic?

I struggled last night with these particular issues, I always have a slight
Doppler effect when music is loud, I especially don't always hear the bass
notes as clear defined pitcht notes.

Steve W

database 6084 (20110430) __________

http://www.eset.com