[ddots-l] Re: Omnisphere sounds

  • From: "Omar Binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 07:54:15 -0400

The only thing I do with it is use the sounds. You don't have access to any
parameters, and even for sounds, you need sighted help to copy the presets into
sonar and save them. Otherwise, you can't access them. I feel that unless you
use a synth like Vienna, hardware boards are still the best sounding for
strings, brasses, and woodwinds. I know that's not what we'd like to
acknowledge, and I know that we'd all like to get into as much softsynths as
possible, but honestly, I haven't heard anything satisfactory in the realm of
virtual that can match a hardware synth like the motif or a roland synth for
the instruments I mentioned above, except for the Vienna stuff.