[ddots-l] Re: O.T. question about keyboards

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:22:23 -0500

Sarah, check out Lessons 48 and 49 in the Sibelius Speaking Tutorial David outlines the process pretty clearly, although I wish he explained what the resulting output looked like a little more.
You might also want to read Lesson 50 that deals with swing and shuffle type rhythms, depending on what sort of music you're writing.

At 08:08 AM 11/28/2005, you wrote:

Sarah:
If you get Sonar, you can use the included GM software synth which has a respectable pallet of instrument sounds including drums. We didn't really talk about entering drum notation in sibelius while was there, but basically, each note on your midi keyboard corresponds to a specific drum and you play them in just like regular notes. Many of us record very complex drum parts this way, either one at a time or all at once.
Gord