[ddots-l] Re: OT blind User Music Career

  • From: "Jean-Claude Provost" <jc.provost@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 19:41:45 -0400

Hi,

What you're bringing to the table may generate quite a few different
answers, all of which will be, in my opinion, highly subjective.

That being said, I'll give you my .0000000444340507 cents worth.

I never wrote that I was blind in my resume.  I feel that, when facing the
interviewer, I'll have a shot at "pro-active damage control" if required.
What I mean is, depending on the person in front of you, you might modulate
your approach, adapting to the interview context &/or personality traits of
your interviewer.

As it turns out, I have done things which are related to adaptive technology
and I have indeed included them in my resume.  To summarize, I'm not hiding
anything, nor am I emphasizing my visual impairment.  I kinda feel my way
around my interviews, interactively tuning up (or down) as I go.

HTH

Cheers from Varennes, Quebec, Canada,

JC