[ddots-l] Re: OT: advice about purchasing a guitar

  • From: "Darren H" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:34:49 -0000

Hi.

I've now purchased the VG99 and it's being delivered today.

A friend of mine has the VG99, and it's absolutely incredible.

I'll hopefully have a Jackson PS4 Guitar by the end of today.

Can't wait to get started making some serious noise, lol.

Cheers
Darren

If you like electronic, ambient, new age or atmospheric music, become a fan of The Karmistry Project on Facebook...
http://facebook.karmistryproject.com

You can also follow Karmistry Media on Twitter...
http://www.twitter.com/Karmistrymedia

----- Original Message ----- From: "james mcbride" <jamcbride@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] OT: advice about purchasing a guitar
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:01:28 +0000

Hi folks.

I'm looking at getting an electric guitar and a Roland VG99 virtual
modelling processor.

I'm after some recommendations of a good, solid make and model of guitar,
maybe not at the beginner range, but something I can grow into as I learn.

I think top of the list is playability and feel as the VG99 will be taking
care of the sound in most cases, but a nice sound would be good too.

It'll need to be able to accommodate the GK3 pick-up for the VG99, those in
the know will understand what I'm talking about.

I've got no problems purchasing a used guitar and my budget's around the
£200 to £300 mark.

I look forward to any advice or guidance.