[ddots-l] OT: accessible backup software?

  • From: John Schucker <gwynn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:31:10 -0500

Hi again, everybody. Quick question. Does anybody have an accessible backup solution they like? I've tried googling but haven't found much. I'd like something that does drive imaging and also backs up on the folder level, or two separate things if that works better. Obviously I want to make a drive image of my OS, but for other stuff like projects or whatever, a folder level backup would be fine, incremental of course so it'll catch what changes. Yes I know I can just copy stuff over, but not incrementally. All of this will be going to an external HD.

Oh yeah, and if anybody's found a way to restore a drive image without sighted assistance, do tell! I keep meaning to try building a copy of the ultimate boot CD for windows:

http://www.ubcd4win.com

I want to try to add NVDA to it, but I don't know if it actually has audio drivers or not. Be neat if it worked though. But since my motherboard died, well I figure it could just as easily be the drives. So I'd like to get my projects and such backed up.