[ddots-l] Re: OT: Thoughts on Boston anybody?

  • From: "Cameron Strife" <cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:27:51 -0400

Hi.  Ah, thank you very much!

Cameron.

-----Original Message-----
From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dancing Dots
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 6:19 PM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: OT: Thoughts on Boston anybody?

Hey, Boston is also the home of Cakewalk Music Software, Duxbury Systems,
(well, close enough!), Berklee College of Music, Perkins School for the
Blind, just to name a few.  They do talk a bit funny up there but you can
usually understand the natives.

Here's a start at McCann's Survival Phrasebook for Travel to Boston

Bostonian
Bahstin

U.S. English
Boston

Bostonian
Pack the cah in the yahd

U.S.
Park the car in the yard.

Bostonian:
SuhVival

U.S.
Survival

I'll bet there's a place on the net that compares cost of living for major
cities in the U.S.  My impression of Boston when I visited was that it was
definitely pricier than the Philadelphia area where we are.

Regards,
Bill