[ddots-l] Re: O.T. IPods And ITunes

  • From: <ole@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:52:14 +0200

hi Kevin

As far as the iTunes goes, you are totally right. But actually the iPod can be made accessible with the free software from www.rockbox.org . But the internal firmware in the iPod will then be replaced with the Rockbox software, and then it will not work the usual way with iTunes. I recommend purchassing iRiver or Archos models. The Rockbox firmware, which is quite amazing, is free and works almost perfectly with iRiver, (which I prefer), Archos and actually also iPod. But iPod doesn't have much features like radio, digital recorder and so on like the other brands.

kind regards

Ole

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin L. Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxx>