[ddots-l] Re: OT Does anyone know which USB2.0 portable drives are suitable for recording audio?

  • From: "Shawn Brock" <shawnbrock@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:06:37 -0500

OT Does anyone know which USB2.0 portable drives are suitable for recording
audio?kevin,  i have discussed this varry ishu with 2 friends who in my humbel
opinion know all one should need to know about the pc and recording audio on
it.  the first is a lister, hf.  after a linthy talk  with him about how i
would like to mix at home, in my spair time he made some sujestions on what i
should by, and what not to by.  the second is an audio gooru randel deaton,
who's another blind pc user.  i started to order something on line, but thought
i would check out the shops in town first.  just because they are going crazy
with holladay sales.  the disission to bee made tho, was do i get a flash drive
that will fit in my pocket.  for around $ 80, which will let me work on sey 4
or 5 songs at a time, or get something bigger.  i went with the something
bigger.  at best by they had 3 drives that peeked my intrist, 1 a mackstore 100
gig for $100, 2 another mackstore which was 200 gig for $150 after rebate, and
3 a c gate 160 gig for $117.    I went with the third, because  of the price
sive, and info.  the see gate listed clerely on the package that it is shock
resistent, it rums at i think 7500 r p m's, works at 90 percent humidity and
much, mutch more.  the mackstore  did not list any of this, and like i said the
c gate was lighter in wate, and smaller than the 100 gig mack store.  so for me
anyhow it was a no braner 60 mor gigs for $17 more, and something that listed
its cradencials planely on the package.  might i sey best by had these on sale,
and i dont know the normal price.  but i cunsittered this to bee a good deal.
hope this helps.
Shawn Brock
Cincinnati Sound Lab
130 East Sixth Street