[ddots-l] Re: Need some help

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 16:13:01 -0500

Hi Tim,

I was thinking about running that script - but here's the thing. As I mentioned
in my reply to Steve Wickets, I wasn't clear on my usage of the term "parts".
In this particular instance, what I'm trying to accomplish is that I want to
separate notes from a piece where I've played in from the keyboard so that each
note ends up on a track as if I were to have recorded them one at a time. If
you're familiar with the Lime program, you're aware that you have to record
each voice individually. It doesn't allow you to hear previously recorded data
while you're inputting additional material. That's a bit awkward for me as my
brain doesn't think one part or voice at a time, especially when I'm trying to
compose piano or organ pieces. The Cal script you mentioned might work if each
channel has an individual voice on it, but that's not the case here.

I appreciate your suggestion though; that's why I put it out there on the list
as I know there are folks like yourself who have a bit more knowledge of the
midi thing than I do.

Best wishes back,

Mike