[ddots-l] Re: Message "Sonar not installed properly"

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:14:10 +0100

Hi Jeanette,

I am loath to suggest installing Norton on anything, never
mind your music PC.

AVG, which is free, might be a better bet.
http://www.grisoft.com

George.

Jeanette=20
> Contant-Galitello
> Sent: 27 May 2005 08:42
> To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Message "Sonar not installed
properly"
>=20
> Hi George,
> I will go through the steps you outlined below. I have
Norton=20
> Internet security 2004 which comes with Antivirus on our=20
> office pc. Should I install it onto our music pc, run the=20
> virus check and then remove it again? Or is there a
simpler way?
>=20
> Jeanette
>=20
>=20
but
>   as far as XP Service Pack 2 is concerned, unless there
is
>   very good reason, I would strongly recommend it.
>=20
>   There have been the usual horror stories, but these have
>   invariably been where people have not followed the very
>   sensible advice provided, or have systems which they
have
>   "tweaked" in one way or the other for various nefarious
>   reasons.
>=20
>   1)  Have a good up to date Virus checker scan your
system
>   and declare it clean.
>=20
>   2)  Have a good up to date Spyware program scan your
system
>   and declare it clean.
>=20
>   3)  Check your hardware to ensure drivers are up to date
and
>   ready for SP2.
>=20
>   4)  Check important software you use with the
appropriate
>   web sites for any necessary SP2 updates or upgrades.
>=20
>   5)  Back up important files.
>=20
>   6)  Create a Restore Point.  (Even though SP2 does this
for
>   you)
>=20
>   7)  Plan to upgrade at a time when support people are
>   accessible - i.e. Don't upgrade on Saturday afternoon,
for
>   example.
>=20
>   8)  Don't panic at the first sign of trouble.
>=20
>   I have now been directly involved with over 100 upgrades
>   SP2, and I can safely say any problems have been very
minor.
>=20
>   In your case, you have experienced sighted technicians
>   hand.
>=20
>   XP SP2 is a serious upgrade from both a security and
general
>   point of view.
>=20
>   George Bell
>   Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.=3D20
>=20
having
>   SP2 on our pc? I always thought we should avoid SP2. I
think
>   that is what Carillon says.
>=20
>   Jeanette
>=20
that
>   you need to add the executable for Sonar to
>     the Dep't section in control panel, system.  I think
this
>   is documented in the read me file that
>     ships with Sonar.  I was wondering if your error
message
>   was linked to this in any way?  You could
>     always shoot an E-mail off to Cakewalk support.  They
are
>   usually very prompt at getting back to
>     you.  Don't forget to enclose you Sonar info in the
E-mail
>   such as, cereal number.
>=20
>     Regards, Phil Muir
>=20
>     P J Muir Productions
(SP2)
<jeanette@xxxxxxxx>
>     >   To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     >   Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 4:21 PM
>     >   Subject: [ddots-l] Message "Sonar not installed
>   properly"
>     >
>     >
>     >   > Hi again,
>     >   > Sometimes when I first turn on my pc and load
sonar,
>   I get the message "Sonar not installed
>     >   properly please reinstall".  I try it a few times
and
>   after the 4th or 5th time it loads up
>     >   perfectly. Has anyone had this problem?
>     >   >
>     >   > Jeanette
>     >   > ** To leave the list, click on the
>   immediately-following link:-
>     >   > **

>     >   > ** If this link doesn't work then send a message
to:
>     >   > ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     >   > ** and in the Subject line type
>     >   > ** unsubscribe
>     >   > ** For other list commands such as vacation
mode,
Subject:-
>   faq
>     >   >
>     >   >
>     >   ** To leave the list, click on the
>   immediately-following link:-
>     >   **

>     >   ** If this link doesn't work then send a message
to:
>     >   ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     >   ** and in the Subject line type
>     >   ** unsubscribe
>     >   ** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
>   click on the
>     >   ** immediately-following link:-
>     >   **
[mailto:ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3D3Dfaq]
>     >   ** or send a message, to
>     >   ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the
>   faq
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > ** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following
>   link:-
>     > **

>     > ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>     > ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     > ** and in the Subject line type
>     > ** unsubscribe
>     > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
click
>   on the
>     > ** immediately-following link:-
>     > **
[mailto:ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3D3Dfaq]
>     > ** or send a message, to
>     > ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq
>     >
>     >
>     ** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following
>   link:-
>     **

>     ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>     ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     ** and in the Subject line type
>     ** unsubscribe
>     ** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
click on
>   the
>     ** immediately-following link:-
>     **
[mailto:ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3D3Dfaq]
>     ** or send a message, to=3D20
>     ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq
>=20
>=20
>=20
>   ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following
>   link:-
>   **

>   ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>   ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   ** and in the Subject line type
>   ** unsubscribe
>   ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click
on
>   the
>   ** immediately-following link:-
>   ** [mailto:ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3D3Dfaq]
>   ** or send a message, to=3D20
>   ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>=20
>=20
>=20
>   =3D0AThis Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.
[mailto:ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3Dunsubscribe]
>   ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>   ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   ** and in the Subject line type
>   ** unsubscribe
>   ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click
on the
>   ** immediately-following link:-
>   ** [mailto:ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3Dfaq]
>   ** or send a message, to