[ddots-l] Re: Mastering software

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:40:43 -0400

Nickus, you have the linear phaze EQ and multiband compressor in Sonar.
Add a good limiter like Slate Digital FG-X and you're most of the way there.
I touch things up and burn the test CDR in Sound Forge 10 Pro.

People say this all the time but it bears repeating. It depends a lot more on 1. full-range monitors, 2. an acoustically treated room and 3. knowledge experience and taste than it does on what software you have. Most every DAW program comes with fairly good tools.

Chris

At 06:42 AM 9/21/2011, you wrote:
Hi all I'm looking for accessible mastering software. Back in the day
I used Steinbergs Wavelab but obviously that's not accessible and I
can't see like back then so looking for a new and good alternative. I
can just use sonar but if possible I want something more focused on
mastering.