[ddots-l] Re: Marching Band Instruments

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:47:10 +0100

Hi Kelly,

Garritan does have a marching Band, However, I'm not sure whether it's accessible. The Jazz Big Band is quite accessible, you need to use the Jaws cursor and the left mouse button, however, you soon get used to it.

The Jazz and Big Band don't have any French Horns, however, it does have several trombones, trumpets, Saxophones, clarinets, flutes and I'm sure it has at least one piccolo. The samples aren't that great however, Garritan is no way a dead Duck, the controllers really do help bring the brass to life. There's a lot of time needed in the event view to add controlers on and off and get the trumpets to sound convincing.

Jazz and Swing aren't really my thing but I've recorded a swing type project, using Garritan, Dimension Pro, True Pianos and Superior Drummer.
The horn section consists of: Trombone, Tenor sax, and two trumpets.
If you'd like to hear an MP3 attachment of this project, just email me off list.
steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Steve W

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelly Sapergia" <ksapergia@xxxxxxxxxxx>