[ddots-l] Re: Jaws Error

  • From: "William R. McCann" <BillList1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:12:25 -0400

> I get an error 6 That says this feature is not license to run on this
machine.

This message is not generated by CakeTalking but, apparently, by JAWS
itself.  I have heard of situations where the ILM version of JAWS insists
that the current unit of JAWS is not authorized after something in the
user's set-up changes.  For example, one uses the FW 1884 with an authorized
copy of JAWS.  Then, one day, you boot up with that unit no longer attached
to your system and, suddenly, JAWS wakes up, looks around and tells you that
you need to authorize your ILM.  For situation slike this one, most
customers just use an extra one of their authorization keys to authorize
JAWS for both when the 1884 is attached and when it is not.

David, do you have any firewire devices attached to your system?  Can anyone
tell us what this "error 6" really means?  I'm assuming it has to do with
JAWS authorization but we all know what often happens when we assume!

Bill

  _____