[ddots-l] Info on three models of dial-based metronomes with chromatic range of audible tuning notes

  • From: "Tina E" <tina-e@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: menvi@xxxxxxxxxx, blind-musicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, blind_musicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, musictlk@xxxxxxxxxx, Ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:16:12 -0700

In my quest for a dial-based metronome, with a range of audible tuning notes,
headphone jack, etc., here is some information I have thus far compiled.  What
follows are three recommendations from a person named Steve, at Teachers
Discount Music in Virginia.  I discovered this site over the weekend, and since
he has such a wide selection of metronomes available, I spoke with him on the
phone this morning to chat about some of the specific needs of a totally blind
person, and other relevant features that might be helpful to have in one.  He
was very kind and understanding, and, since he doesn't particularly like the
models with the up-and-down buttons and little screens himself, he seemed to
have a somewhat intuitive understanding regarding more non-electronic, somewhat
nonvisual aspects of general equipment operation.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with this store, the website, or with
Steve himself.  I'm just a satisfied web surfer who has finally managed to
stumble across what appears to be good quality information about some of the
dial-based metronomes out there on the market.

Here below this introduction, are, in this order, his contact information, my
summarized notes from our conversation with descriptions of the three
recommended metronomes copied and pasted from the website, and then info about
shipping costs etc. toward the very bottom.

I hope that this posting is helpful to others of you on some of these
blindness/music-related discussion lists to which I'm cross-posting, who might
find yourselves searching for a useful metronome with a range of tuning notes,
at some point in time.

Tina E
tina-e@xxxxxxxxxx