[ddots-l] Re: I/O buffer size and latency

  • From: "Luis Elorza" <luiselorza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:07:08 -0800

the input output buffer size relates more to the polyphony capabilities of sonar, that is the number of simultaneous waves being played at one time. i know in older cakewalk versions the i/o buffer size would be like 8 or 16 but i have it set up at 64 and i can work with more than 40 tracks playing at the same time. the number of tracks does not determine the polyphony because tracks playing with spaces without clips will not put any load, only tracks playing audio at a given moment.

.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>