[ddots-l] Re: How to correct certain parts in MIDI recording

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 08:07:30 -0400

Correction (though I might be wrong myself), in Sonar, quarter  = 1 beat,
you'd write it 1:00. Half is 2 beats, written 2:00. A whole would be 4
beats, 4:0. If you type 480, sonar will assume ticks, 480 ticks = 8th note.
To write a dotted quarter note (1 quarter and 8th note), you'd write 1:480.
I haven't messed with sonar in a while, but this is how I remember it
working, things could have changed though, in which case I appologize for
giving wrong info lol.
O yea, and this depends on what setting your clock is set to, 960ppq, 480,
etc. My examples assume 960 (which use to be sonar's default), meaning that
960 ticks is equal to 1 quarter note. Therefore an 8th note is half of that,
or 480, 16th is half of that, or 240 etc etc.

HTH, D!J!X!