[ddots-l] Help with soundcard and Sonar

  • From: <jesus.vaca.47@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 21:50:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi List,

I am trying to edit a group of audio files for a project for school and need
your help. I have two issues going on. The first is not hearing anything with
my soundcard; the second is not finding any music in my file. I’ll explain
further.

First of all, how can I make it so that I hear the audio that I have loaded in
to sonar? I try loading a .wav file but don’t hear anything. I have set the
inputs and outputs to my Sigmatel soundcard and set the driver to MME32 bit.
Why can’t I hear any audio?
My Second problem, I had my sited professor look at the screen to determine
whether something was recorded on track 1. I was at the beginning of the file
and Sonar said that the file was recorded on, but nothing was coming out of the
soundcard. Come to find out, all of the imported tracks begin playing at bar
150 instead of at bar 1. I would like for the tracks to begin playing at
measure 1.

Also, is there a key command that will take me to the first recorded note on
the track? This way, I don’t have to depend on my professor for sited
assistance.

Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.

CV