[ddots-l] Re: Help with Soundcard and Sonar

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 03:21:52 -0400

Is the music you are playing back something you recorded through sonar, or
something you imported? If it's an import, when you play the file say in
winamp or windows media player, does the file play instantly? Try this:
create a new project, insert an audio track, clear the selection, then go to
file>import>audio and load the file; it should be imported at bar 1.
I will also suggest that using your systems sound card for use with sonar is
not a good idea; you can run into problems with your drivers being taken up
by your system and sonar not being able to access them for a undetermined
amount of time, or you can run into sample rate issues...
Regarding the locating the first note of a file, you can certainly do that
in the events view, but I believe this is with midi files only; you can try
telling the events view to show all events and see if the beginning of the
audio shows up as an event...

HTH, D!J!X!