[ddots-l] Re: Good guitar mic.

  • From: "kurt Streuber" <kurt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 19:39:46 -0700

Where are you placing the mike?  For acoustics, I often have to move the mic
around for the best response.  Often closer to the bridge will give you a bit
more top end, but sometimes you lose some of the fullness.  In my previous
post, I referred to a technique called Ortf, where you use two mics in a stereo
pattern.  I use this for guitar a lot, and it sounds great.  Bassically, you
have two mics crossing over each other so the capsules are 120 degrees off axis
to each other, and about 6 inches apart.  You can do this with a T bar on one
mic stand.  Hope this helps.
Kurt