[ddots-l] Re: Glitches and pops?

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:25:29 -0000

Gord wrote: Yeah, I would bet they are better than the mic pres on the project
mix.

Phil replied: I am sure they are!  The FW1884 is a FCC certificated Class A
digital product however,
that doesn't mean that the pre-amps are class A in the FW1884.  Having said
that, I seem to remember
reading somewhere that they are built with some kind of discrete transistor
technology which, makes
them sound very very good indeed!

Gord wrote: And yes I do have a focusrite octapre and it's great.

Phil replied: yes, the pree-amps on the focusrite platinum octapre sound
phenomenal!  They're the
same ones that they put into the Focusrite Voicemaster PRO.  I love having 8
individual compressors
which, also sound amazing!  The other day, I was considering what the most
killer studio set-up
could be.  I suspect it would be something like a MOTU 2408 mkIII with 3
Focusright focusrite
platinum octapre pre-amps on the end of it, with ether an FW1884 control
surface or perhaps, a
Mackie control surface.  However, that would significantly empty my wallet!

Regards, Phil Muir
P J Muir Productions
Music And Audio Production
Band website: