[ddots-l] Re: Fit to improvisation

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 01:51:03 -0400

Hi Robert,

First, you have to set up a midi track where you'll record a metronome by
manually playing a note from your keyboard as close as you can with the timing
of the music. Next, select the track from start to end, then go into the Fit to
Improvisation. I'm not sure if there are fields in the dialog that you have to
fill in as I haven't done it in a while. You should be able to get it to work.
I found that when I recorded my metronome that you shouldn't make the note too
long; that is, you're creating a variable pulse that'll be used to reconstruct
your project's tempo map.

Hope this helps.

Mike