[ddots-l] Re: Editing Questions?

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:47:12 -0500

So I set the from and through times, hit ctrl enter and hit delete but nothing happened.
I'm confused. You're talking about copying and pasting audio from one location to another, but then you're talking about deleting? Anyway, see lesson 13 in the CakeTalking tutorial.

And for your next email, I want to know how to mute automation during playback.

Are  you trying to mute a track or all tracks?

If it's just a group of tracks or one single track, you need to automate the automate mute button. there are two mute buttons, a manual mute button and an automate mute button. Please read Lesson 32, part E. in the CakeTalking Tutorial. It's called, amazingly, An Example of Automating the Muting and UnMuting of a Track.

I haven't tried it destructively, but you can also probably select the portion of audio you want to mute, then destructively alter it's gain by going to Process Menu > Audio > Gain.

Chris