[ddots-l] Re: Edirol VSC and other soft synthes

  • From: "Phil Muir" <philmuir1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 18:55:15 +0100

Hi Bob!!

I don't think the Edirol VSC has been in Sonar since Sonar 2.2. Regarding the Cakewalk TTS1 well, it's way better than the Edirol VSC ever was. In fact, the brass on it is excellent. I think the Cakewalk TTS1 is similar to the Roland Hyper Canvas. As I am sure you are already aware, Edirol are part of Roland.

Regarding the demos that are mention in the CT tutorials well, they are actually demos that are on he Sonar 5 DVD. Other synthe and audio plug-ins such as the Alien Connections Revalver SE, Dream Station DXi, and Cyclone all included on the Sonar 5 DVD. Nun of these are demo products. In fact, there are a ton of audio, MIDI and DXi instruments that may not be necessarily installed by default. In other words, when you install Sonar, only default plug-ins and synthes are installed by default. That's whey I always click on the options button for each item in the Sonar install dialog box and click on the all button.

Regards, Phil Muir
P J Muir Productions
Music and audio production

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob" <bob2935@xxxxxxxxx>