[ddots-l] Drum shots/horn cues in Sibelius?

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:33:11 -0500

Hi guys. Yep, it's me with yet another Sibelius question.

For an arranging assignment, my instructor wants drum shots, apparently also known as horn cues, notated in certain spots in the drum staff. How do I put these in? A drummer can correct me if I have the terminology wrong, but I'm thinking of those loud accented drum hits where the horn section blasts simultaneously with the drummer.

I'm thinking the best way to convey this might be to put snare hits in the places where I want the shots, then maybe put accents above them. Do you think that will make sense to a sighted drummer?

Thanks,

Chris