[ddots-l] Re: Display Resolution for Sonar

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:18:17 -0700

Brian,

Here's some more detailed instructions I found, that may make it easier to find:

get this problem to and it was with a Del. As far as I know this problem
only occurs with certain on-board Intel graphics cards.

I last dealt with this problem about four years ago and didn't write down
the exact step by step so the best that I can do is point you in the general
direction. I'm afraid that the option your looking for is buried quite
deeply within the display settings dialog and you may well have to open a
lot of dialogs within dialogs.

You're looking for a checkbox which includes the word rotation. I think it
might be called "disable rotation". See if this helps:

Open the start menu and then the control panel (If you're using the
"classic" start menu this may be in the settings sub-menu).

From the control panel choose "display". This opens the display applet.

You need to switch to the "settings" tab, but JAWS doesn't always say the
right thing in this dialog so it's best to tab round to the tab control and
press the right arrow key until JAWS says "settings".

Tab to the advanced button and press the space bar. Another dialog opens.

If you're lucky, the rotation checkbox  will be on the general page, but I
think you'll need to go to the "adapter" page and have a look around.

If you can't find the rotation checkbox in the general or adapter pages then
try pressing the properties button in the adapter page. This opens a dialog
which is specific to the graphics card.

Again, this dialog has several pages, so you'll need to look around.

Once you've found it, OK all the dialogs.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

If you successfully find the option let me know because this problem could
affect anyone unfortunate enough to have this hardware configuration.

Dan Rugman

Dave