[ddots-l] Can I copy 2 Mono Files Into a Stereo File in Sound Forge 10?

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JSonar -- JAWS Scripts for Sonar discussion list <jsonar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 22:24:12 -0400

Hi folks.

I routinely export individual tracks from Sonar into Sound Forge 10, mostly to perform very precise edits, mute out unwanted short noises like breath sounds on a vocal track, etc.

But, what if I have say, two mono tracks, left and right recordings of something like a piano, and want to export these into Sound Forge?

I can select both tracks in Sonar, and it automatically loads both tracks into separate windows in Sound Forge when i select Sound Forge from the Tools menu. However, I want to combine these two tracks into a single stereo track in Sound Forge, perform some edits, then copy left and right channels back out as individual tracks, back to Sonar.

Is this possible in SF, or should I combine/bounce the two tracks into a single stereo file, load it into Forge, then save and when back in Sonar, import the resulting stereo file to mono tracks?

I could do this, but I really like how slickly Sonar automatically bounces things out to Forge and imports them after.

Chris