[ddots-l] Re: [Bulk] Re: laptop power problems

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:06:15 -0800

Bill,

I made my own from small audio transformers that I got from Radio Shack. I'd
estimate a few US$. Then cut apart an audio cable and wire the primary
winding across one set of signal/ground, and the  secondary winding across
the remaining signal/ground. Wrap with electrical tape to keep from shorting
out and to give mechanical strength, and you're done. Made a few of these,
with different plugs and jacks on each end.

Dave
other