[ddots-l] [Bulk] Batch File for Multires and Cakewalk/Sibelius

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 23:24:07 -0700

Sarah and Caglar,

Here they are. I'm appending them in text form, so each will have to be
pasted into a Notepad file and saved as filename.bat. Please do not edit
these in
MS-Word, or you may insert control or formatting characters that will render
them useless.

*** Batch File for Cakewalk ***

rem My default system starts with screen resolution of 1024 by 768, 16
million colors, running JAWS 7.1

rem Stop JAWS 7.1
C:\Progra~1\Freedo~1\JAWS\7.10\JStop.exe

rem Start JAWS 4.51 to use with Cakewalk
C:\JAWS451\jfw.exe

rem Change screen resolution to 800 by 600, 16 million colors
c:\progra~1\multires\multires.exe /800,600,16 /DDE /exit

rem Launch Cakewalk (yes, I know it's such an old program!)
start /w c:\progra~1\cakewalk\cakewa~1\cwpa.exe  %1

rem After exiting Cakewalk, the batch file continues

rem Put resolution bak to 1024 by 768, 16 million colors
c:\progra~1\multires\multires.exe /1024,768,16 /DDE /exit

rem Stop JAWS 4.51
c:\JAWS451\jstop.exe

rem Start JAWS 7.1
C:\Progra~1\Freedo~1\JAWS\7.10\jfw.exe

exit

*** End of batch file for Cakewalk ***

*** Batch File for Sibelius ***

rem My default system starts with screen resolution of 1024 by 768, 16
million colors, running JAWS 7.1

rem Stop JAWS 7.1
C:\Progra~1\Freedo~1\JAWS\7.10\JStop.exe

rem Start JAWS 5.1 to use with Sibelius
C:\JAWS510\jfw.exe > c:\jfwjunk.txt

rem Ensure that resolution is 1024 by 768, 16 million colors
c:\progra~1\multires\multires.exe /1024,768,16 /exit

rem Launch Sibelius
start /w /MAX c:\progra~1\Sibeli~1\Sibeli~1\Sibelius.exe
REM AFTER EXITING SIBELIUS, THE BATCH FILE CONTINUES

rem RETURN RESOLUTION TO MY DEFAULT OF 1024 BY 768, 16 MILLION COLORS
c:\progra~1\multires\multires.exe /1024,768,16 /exit

REM STOP JAWS 5.1
c:\JAWS510\jstop.exe

REM START JAWS 7.1
c:\Progra~1\Freedo~1\JAWS\7.10\JFW.exe

exit

*** End of batch file for Sibelius ***

Some Notes:

1. In DOS, you cannot have a filename or a folder name more than 8
characters, and cannot have any spaces. therefore a folder
C:\freedom scientific\jaws7.10 would need to be written as:

C:\freedo~1\JAWS7.10

Notice that it's the first 6 characters with a tilde and the number 1. If a
folder was named c:\apple works

It would have to be:

c:\apple~1

Again, no spaces allowed.

2. I keep both these batch files in the same folder as multires.exe.

3. Each of these batch files are launched from a desktop icon.

4. The > c:\jfwjunk.txt that follows loading JAWS helps to reduce the
chatter that usually follows loading of JAWS. You don't actually need this.

5. If the text above seems to wrap across a line, do not let that happen in
the batch file. If a line starts with "rem" it is ignored. Any other lines
that
begin with something else will be assumed to be a command and will be
executed. I've made sure that each line in my examples either start with rem
or are
an actual command.

Good Luck! If you have problems, it won't be easy for me to help, since
batch files can be tricky and highly dependent on how your folders are set
up. Search
out the locations of your executables beforehand so you can correctly type
the pathnames into your version.

Dave