[ddots-l] Re: [Bulk] Accessible Way to Bias Tube Amps?

  • From: "Farfar on Laptop" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:25:35 -0700

Chris,

You wrote: "Or, does someone make an accessible multimeter? That might be a
handy tool to have around the studio."

By your own edict, why not Google "Talking Multimeter"?

Seriously, though I have a Radio Shack talking multimeter that measures dc,
ac voltage and current. However it's not been made for several years, and
the stock was bought out by a company that specialized in products for the
blind. They added a special push-button "talk" adapter, indexed connection
leads, and a cassette tape telling how to use the device. I plan to never
let this one go, and guard it carefully against damage. Right now I can't
find any notes as to the name of that company.

I don't know if any others are available any more, or if there is a
reasonable substitute.

Dave Carlson