[ddots-l] Re: Audio effect tails.

  • From: John Schucker <gwynn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:27:59 -0600

Interesting. I wonder if I went to the end and then moved back a bar or two and then played, and recorded while it was playing, if that would work? It would record silence and I could let the effect tail fade out and then stop the recording. that way I wouldn't have to guess how many measures forward to insert the midi event, though that worked great too.

Bryan Smart wrote:
Easy way to fix this.

Load project.
Go to end of project with control+end.
Arm an audio track that is assigned to a disconnected input.
Press record, and record a few seconds of silence.

There are more elegant ways to accomplish this task, but this is a
simple way to get what you want with little effort.

Bryan