[ddots-l] Re: Am I in over my head?

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 12:22:26 -0400

Uh, did you guys buy CakeTalking for Sonar like I did? I'm no sound engineer, but the fact that absolutely everything talks, not to mention the step-by-step tutorials, certainly lessened the burden of learning the basics of a new program. The interface is clunky to your sighted friend... so what? Why even compare that to the scripted JFW view of the program?

Not looking to argue, just sharing my experiences which ahve been overwhelmingly positive.

tephan y one other thing. My friend who is a sound guy hates sonar and thinks it is the stupidest interface. Stuff that is intuitive in other programs makes no sense to him in sonar. That made me feel better that at least the guy who does this for a living thinks sonar is a beast of a program. anyway good luck and a lot of screaming and hitting things for you to come. :)