[ddots-l] Re: All is well. Video restored.

  • From: Stacy Blackwell <stacy.blackwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:37:33 -0500

I'll try to keep this short as possible.  To skip all the drama with Freedom
Scientific, who tried to figure it out, I lost contact with them before getting
very far.  I rebooted.  JAWS came up and said that my resolution needed
resetting and to click on the balloon to reset it.  Ha ha Remember I have no
screen.  My wife said to press Enter to see what happens, so I did.  She also
suggested to try another monitor.  We did, but I knew this wasn't the solution.
 But after rebooting, the new monitor produced light and XP.  All appeared to
work fine.

FS said that plugging in a serial mouse would not have done this, but he also
said that moving or forcing the monitor cable may have prompted this.  The
timing of the monitor going off and the Video Receptor dialog appearing right
after the mouse insertion was too coincidental.  I can't explain it.  I suppose
the Video Intercept was still installed.  But when checking the Display Setting
after the fix, JAWS read the values correctly.   I don't know if the previous
monitor works now or not.,  Thank God it was something this simple and not as
bad as FS indicated the problem might be.  My friend nor I never once
considered that the monitor might have been the cause/fix.  I apologize for the
frantic help needed post, but I was at a loss.

From: kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: All is well. Video restored.
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:35:03 -0500