[ddots-l] Re: Akai samples

  • From: "Omar Binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:39:32 -0400

most of the high-end vsts are not accessible. their interfaces are bit-mapped and jaws can't even scratch them. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 3:36 PM
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Akai samples

Bryan,

I know there's been a lot of discussion on what is and isn't accessible these days, and you're a good resource on this stuff. How much of this high-end software is accessible to where we can really work with it and be as fiercely competitive with anyone else? I understand that one can have a ton of money tied up in these libraries and plug-ins. For me personally, I want to be able to do as much with this stuff as possible; but I'm a bit leery about sinking money and/or going into debt with all of this, only to do a fraction of what's possible with these plug-ins.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryan Smart" <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>