[ddots-l] Re: Accessible keyboards?

  • From: omar binno <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 03:50:05 -0800 (PST)

Sean:

I agree with you that it may be hard to get these
companies to pay attention to us, but if we focus our
efforts on one and succeed, it may open doors with
others as well. Other companies could follow suit to
the company we can get to initiate this stuff. Again,
we might consider starting with Yamaha, since there is
already accessibility ease for us with their Motif
synths.

--- "Sean A. Cummins" <Sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> WHOA! GANG!  Please stop and think about what you
> are asking for!
>

> I am all for asking companies to help, but let's not
> corner ourselves into
> only one answer.
>

> True accessibility is opening the doors to many
> options and not just one.  I
> don't know about the rest of you, but I own many
> different types of
> Microphones and many different types of guitars and
> other instruments
> RIGHT?!  So why would I want to have only one
> keyboard company making an
> accessible keyboard.  OH, I know, we can write all
> of them, but we'll be
> lucky if one even gives such a small market a second
> thought.  Rather, we
> need to approach an individual or individuals that
> can get us access to all
> of the MIDI devices that are all ready passing data
> free from one to the
> other.
>

> I had been pioneering a MIDI music system for the
> blind way back in the
> early eighties, and the best thing to have ever
> happen to the industry was
> the development of the MIDI interface.  This happens
> to be one of the only
> industries that sat down and worked out a standard
> by which all computer
> based instrument could exchange data and control one
> another.  This data
> flow is our key to accessibility!  We just need to
> find the person and or
> persons that would continue to bring all of the
> concepts together.
>

> I would even venture to say that a foundation like
> the Microsoft Foundation
> would underwrite the development of the technology
> if one were to organize
> and manage just such a project.
>

> Data is the key to freedom and not necessarily
> hardware.
>

> Give a man a fish. and he eats for a day!
>
> Teach a man to fish. and he eats for a lifetime!
>

> In my opinion, this is just what Dancing Dots has
> done for us all ready!  I
> propose that someone take up the cause of finding
> Dancing Dots the
> underwriters for their and our benefit!
>

> God bless you all this Thanksgiving!
>

> Sean A. Cummins
>

> ** To leave the list, click on the
> immediately-following link:-
> **

> ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ** and in the Subject line type
> ** unsubscribe
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
> click on the
> ** immediately-following link:-
> **
> [mailto:ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> ** or send a message, to
> ** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
> faq

Omar Binno

" Everything is possible; it's just that the impossible things take a little
longer to figure out!"
- Author Unknown