[ddots-l] Re: Accessible Plugins for Sidechain Compression (Ducking)

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddtots" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:16:00 -0000

Hi Annabelle,

1: name one of the busses Music Bus and go to the effect bin on that track, add a compressor from the Sonitus effects. (note you may need to try different Sonitus compressors until you find the one you like). 2: go to the audio track the has the voice over on it and arrow to the output column, enter on this and arrow down until you hear Jaws say, "Sonitus effects compressor side input bus" then simply press enter.

3: Go back to the music bus press enter on the Sonitus compressor now press F4, arrow down once and press enter, here you can change the parameters. Whilst in the parameters, You're still able to use the space bar to stop and start your track whilst you get the compression parameters to react the way you want.

Steve W
----- Original Message ----- From: "Annabelle Susan Morison" <foristnights@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx